At Ysgol Tanyfron we are lucky to have wonderful Forest School facilities and provision which have been developed by Mrs L Bancroft our Forest School Teacher and the school team.
Mrs Bancroft works collaboratively with the teaching staff to plan and deliver regular ‘Forest School’ sessions with pupils from Nursery to the end of Foundation Phase. The Forest School is also utilised throughout the year by our Key Stage 2 teachers and pupils.
What is Forest School?
Forest School is an inspirational experience, that offers ALL learners regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in a woodland or natural environment.
Forest School is a specialised learning approach that sits within and compliments the wider context of outdoor and woodland education.
At Forest School, all participants experience the opportunity to develop important life skills such as – communication, teamwork and responsibility. Forest school encourages everyone to:
- Build personal and social skills
- Solve practical problems and challenges
- Use various tools to make, build or maintain
- Find their own ways to learn
- Discover how to manage emotions when things don’t work out
- Build confidence in making decisions and thinking about risks
- Deal effectively and sensibly with problems
- Think about links between people, animals and our natural world
- Experience achievement and pride
- Think about new skills/knowledge gained by experiences
- Develop their language and communications skills
- Enhance physical motor skills
- Increase their concentration skills
- Develop their emotional needs and the needs of others
- Work together with peers and adults
For further information please see the Ysgol Tanyfron Forest School Handbook attached below –