At Ysgol Tanyfron we are lucky to have wonderful Forest School facilities and provision which has been developed by the school team.
All teaching staff plan and deliver regular ‘Forest School’ sessions with pupils throughout the school which link directly with the topics and themes being taught.
What is Forest School?
Forest School is an inspirational experience, that offers ALL learners regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in a woodland or natural environment.
Forest School is a specialised learning approach that sits within and compliments the wider context of outdoor and woodland education.
At Forest School, all participants experience the opportunity to develop important life skills such as – communication, teamwork and responsibility. Forest school encourages everyone to:
- Build personal and social skills
- Solve practical problems and challenges
- Use various tools to make, build or maintain
- Find their own ways to learn
- Discover how to manage emotions when things don’t work out
- Build confidence in making decisions and thinking about risks
- Deal effectively and sensibly with problems
- Think about links between people, animals and our natural world
- Experience achievement and pride
- Think about new skills/knowledge gained by experiences
- Develop their language and communications skills
- Enhance physical motor skills
- Increase their concentration skills
- Develop their emotional needs and the needs of others
- Work together with peers and adults